Auto Accident Attorney
Delray Beach Automobile Accident Attorney
Florida has over 16 million drivers. There are over 200,000 vehicle accidents in Florida every year.
Many of these accidents result in bodily injuries to the driver and passengers. Tragically, some of these accidents cause death. The Delray Beach automobile accident lawyers from Bottari & Doyle understand that accidents cause people to panic. You probably have several questions and concerns if you were involved in an automobile accident. Who is going to pay for my medical bills? When will I get better? Who is going to fix my car? Do I have a case?
The Delray Beach car accident attorneys from Bottari & Doyle will answer any questions that you have about your accident.
Important Steps to Take
- Photograph the accident scene and damage to the vehicles. Pictures are worth a thousand words and are very important to your case.
- Pay attention to what the at-fault driver said to you or to anyone else. Their statements can be used against them in court.
- Seek medical treatment within 14 days after the motor vehicle accident. You must see a physician, dentist or chiropractor within 14 days after the motor vehicle accident to be entitled to receive PIP benefits. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Benefits pay up to $10,000 in medical bills regardless of fault. However, if the accident was not your fault, you still may have a case against the at-fault party.
- Inform your insurance company about the accident. However, do not speak to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Never admit to anything. Never give a recorded statement to any insurance company without speaking to an attorney from Bottari & Doyle. Recorded statements can be used against you.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment protocol. Listen to what he or she recommends and decide what type of treatment is best for you.
Third Party Claims
- Negligence – An injured driver or passenger may file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver due to the driver’s negligence. Proving negligence requires the attorney to show:
- The at-fault driver owed a duty of care to other drivers.
- The driver breached the duty of care
- The breach caused the injuries
- Injuries occurred.
- Economic and Non-Economic Damages – A driver or passenger who is injured due to another driver’s negligence is entitled to recover both economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages include payment for current and future medical bills, loss of wages and loss of future earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages include payment for current and future pain and suffering due to the physical injuries and payment for any current and future mental anguish for any emotional suffering (anxiety, depression, loss of enjoyment of life) due to the accident.
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. Contact a Delray Beach automobile accident lawyer from Bottari & Doyle, at 561-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form.