Palm Beach Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
There are approximately 12,000 new spinal cord injuries every year in the United States due to accidents. Spinal cord injuries primarily affect young adults; almost half of all injuries affected people between the ages of 16 and 30. Motor vehicle crashed account for approximately 36% of reported spinal cord injuries. The healthcare and living expenses for those affected by spinal cord injuries can cost over 1 million dollars.
If you or a loved one has had a spinal cord injury due to another person’s wrongdoing, it is important to contact an attorney to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Contact a
Palm Beach spinal cord injury attorney from Bottari & Doyle, P.A. at (561)-588-2781 or fill out our free claim evaluation form.
Spinal cord injuries often are caused by an at-fault driver’s negligence. Automobile lawsuits are typically filed due to the at-fault driver’s negligence. Proving negligence requires the attorney to show:
- The driver owed a duty of care to other drivers
- The driver breached the duty of care
- The breach caused the injuries
- Injuries occurred.
For example, a driver who drives through a stop sign and crashes into another vehicle breaches his duty of care towards the person who he hit. The at-fault driver has a duty of care to obey the traffic laws. He acted negligently by failing to obey traffic laws. The driver of the vehicle that was hit may can file a lawsuit based on negligence if he or she was injured as a result of the accident.
Spinal cord injuries require expensive medical treatment. In Florida, a person who is injured as a result of another driver’s negligence can recover both economic and non-economic damages (money).
- Economic Damages – Compensation for Current and Future Medical Expenses, Loss of Wages, Loss of Earning Capacity.
- Non-Economic Damages – Compensation for current and future pain and suffering due to the physical pain endured by the injuries. Compensation for current and future mental anguish for the emotional pain endured by the accident, such as anxiety and depression.
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. Contact a
Palm Beach spinal cord injury lawyer from Bottari & Doyle, at (561)-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form.