Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Third Offense within Ten Years
The criminal offense of DUI third offense within Ten Years occurs when a person has two prior DUI convictions with one of those convictions occurring within the last 10 years from the date of the 3rd DUI arrest. For example, a person convicted of one DUI in 1985, and a second DUI in 2008 who is arrested in 2014 for a Third DUI could be charged with DUI third offense within Ten Years. DUI third offense within ten years is a 3rd degree felony.
Penalties for DUI Third Offense within Ten Years
- Jail: Minimum 30 days in jail to a Maximum of 5 years in state prison.
- Probation: Maximum of 5 years.
- Fine: Minimum $2,000 to a Maximum of $5,000.*
- Driver’s License Suspension: Minimum 10 year driver’s license suspension.
- Community Service: Not mandatory.
- DUI School: Level II.
- Vehicle Impoundment: 90 days
- Ignition Interlock Device: At least 2 years.
If you have been arrested for a DUI third offense within ten years, please contact a skilled
Palm Beach DUI lawyer at Bottari & Doyle for a free consultation.
*The fine range increases to a minimum of $4,000 to a maximum of $5,000 if the defendant’s breath or blood alcohol level was .15 or higher, or if a person under the age of 18 was in the vehicle.