Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Fourth Offense Outside Of Ten Years
The criminal offense of DUI fourth offense outside of ten years occurs when a person has three prior DUI convictions, when the third conviction occurred more than ten years prior to the date of arrest for the Fourth DUI. A fourth DUI outside of ten years is a third degree felony.
Penalties for DUI Fourth Offense Outside of Ten Years
- Jail: Minimum 0 days to a Maximum of 5 years in state prison.
- Probation: Maximum of 5 years.
- Fine: Minimum $2,000 to a Maximum of $5,000.*
- Driver’s License Suspension: Mandatory lifetime driver’s license revocation.
- Community Service: Not mandatory.
- DUI School: Level II.
- Vehicle Impoundment: 10 days
- Ignition Interlock Device: At least 2 years.
If you have been arrested for a fourth DUI outside of ten years, please contact a
Palm Beach criminal defense attorney at Bottari & Doyle for a free consultation.
*The fine increases to $4,000 to $5,000 if the defendant’s breath or blood alcohol level was a .15 or higher, or if a person under the age of 18 was in the vehicle.